New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
Eligible job seekers who are interested in starting and running a small business can access assistance through the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS).
NEIS provides accredited Small business training, Business advice and Mentoring for eligible job seekers for up to 52 weeks, as well as ongoing Income support for up to 39 weeks.
To participate in NEIS you must: Be registered with Centrelink, Job Active or Disability Employment Services provider and are in receipt of income support eg: Newstart, PPS, Carer, DSP etc.
• Be at least 18 years old when you begin receiving NEIS Assistance
• Be available to participate in required training and work full time* in your proposed NEIS business
• Not be an undischarged bankrupt
• Not have received NEIS Assistance for a similar business activity
• Not have received NEIS Assistance in the previous two years.
* or less hours as allowed where someone has been assessed as having a partial capacity to work, or reduced work participation requirements, or those who are volunteers to employment services.